Sunday, February 19, 2006

My studies keep me busy

See what I am studying:

The Spartan Daily. Yes, this is a required course, but I would want to write for it regardless of this. It is taught by Prof. Craig and Jan Shaw. Both AP masters.

Journalism 132: Internet information gathering with Prof. Greene. Or "new media."

Writing for journalism and mass communications 100W. I'm taking it with the program chair, Dona Nichols. It's not exactly the easiest class. Very demanding but immensely helpful.

Journalism 133: Editing and news management with the "yoda" of J-school. I had to bully myself into this class. Well worth it.

Hebrew 10B: Beginning Hebrew, part two. Ivrit.

Beginnning social dance and self-defense. Ughhhhh. Phys. ed. requirement.

Hopefully I'll have an internship this summer with Ha'aretz, Israel's leading newspaper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm curious- what college do you go to? I studied journalism at NYU and now that I'm out, I realize I didn't learn much from their program. And of course I spent way too much going to school there. Good luck in this field!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
I really enjoyed your article on the insulin company boycott. Your personality shown through your work, and it made me feel as though we were on the phone chatting about the issue; so easy and clear to read, and colored with character, not dull and dry. I am curious, however, about the cartoon that stimulated you to write on the subject. What did it say?

Off the subject, I am so damn proud of you! I want so much for the world to embrace your energy and talent, because you have so much to offer it. Keep it up; I look forward to reading more of your work. I had it in my agenda for one of my nine lives, to be out on the front line, supplying the people with the genuine facts, not swayed by bias. We need more of that in this country. Perhaps I can put a check by that plan, however, and live vicariously through your work. All the best!