Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Matisya-who?

I keep telling people that I got to spend the weekend with Ultra-Jew Matisyahu. Wha? They say.
Honestly I didn't even know about the guy until a little while ago, but then I pitched it to my editor that I should do a story, and lo and behold, I'm like a paparazzi chasing the guy down.
But I found him-- at the Berkeley Chabad, then saw him in concert, then hung out with him at a low-key Q&A at the Berkeley Hillel. What can I say? Berkeley just has cooler stuff going on.
So here's the skinny:
Yes, he IS a legitimate Jew. And he rocks live. His wife is an intelligent, beautiful woman. His baby boy is adorable. What's there not to love? Some people just have it all. And to boot, he's a nice guy.
Check out Oy Bay! for complete coverage.

No comments: