Thursday, June 21, 2012

The last time I'll ever move

Friends and family, I know you've heard this before: "I'm moving!"

But seriously, this time it's for real. I guess all of the my previous moves have been for good reasons (graduate school, moving to Israel -- that was fun, moving back to Israel -- not so much fun), but this is the best of any reason: to join my love in Ann Arbor.
It's with a kind of nervous excitement that embark on this new adventure. In my immediate past, I leave behind a wonderful job working with some of the cutest and smartest kiddos on Planet Earth, my fabulous friends, who I can muster up in a few days' notice to go hiking with me, a unique (if frequently sketchy) 'hood, where I set up a group house with friends (shout out to J and H), and the very important-feeling city--our nation's capital. In my immediate future, I can look forward to lots of nature, a river that I plan to float down with some frequency, the love of my life (and the man I most admire and respect in this world among non-blood relatives) in a lovely, wooded home, and a gigantic question mark of a future. What fun!

Maybe I'll continue my education career (though Michigan's economy is not the most promising for educators), or maybe I will go back to my writing roots and sprinkle the world with my intelligent insights.

As my dear friend may be able to attest, one of the hidden benefits (or perhaps side effects) of having too much damn time on your hands is the leisure of writing. I have decided to polish up a few pieces (Eggs with Legs - a story for children and eggs, All the Odds - my novel), and I am rededicating myself to the J-life! (Why J? Jewish, journalist, dunno, just really like the letter J. That's why I'm marrying one!)

No comments: